Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Chicken or the Egg - lbi wings





Chicken or the Egg
aka the chegg

by staff writer Owen Brennan


While vacationing on Long Beach Island, NJ, I heard very many good things about the wings at the Chicken or the Egg. After a long night of story telling and and laughing and drinking a few too many beers, nothing sounded better than some chicken wings. We got there around 9:30 am and there was no line, about 3 tables in the whole restaurant were filled and every waiter/waitress looked like they also had a rough night. The decor resembled something out of a beach boys music video with a touch of Katy Perry, both I thoroughly enjoy.

I ordered mild wings. The waiter, "Rob," said they were the most popular. I enjoyed an omelette as well since it was breakfast time and it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. After my traditional breakfast was complete, the mild, wet, wings appeared in front of me. They smelled so good, it voided the breakfast I had just consumed. After the first bite into the full sized chicken wing, I had come to the conclusion that, no doubt, the hype was right on. Wonderful wings. I only ordered six wings and I'm glad I did. They were huge. May have even been the biggest I have ever seen. The price was a little high, but isn't everything on LBI? I left absolutely satisfied. Also, something that a lot of people may not know about this spot it's open 24 hours a day, and it's BYOB, and if you're military, they support the troops and have military discounts. I rate the wings a 9 out of 10.

207 North Bay Avenue
Beach Haven, NJ 08008-1814
(609) 492-3695

www.492fowl.com

No comments: